It is important to be as organised as possible for your installation & orientation. This includes ensuring that your network is up and running smoothly and that all printers and scanners have been installed and are working properly.
Things to check prior to your Orientation:
- Do all of your machines meet our minimum hardware requirements? See our Hardware Specifications article to confirm
- Do you have a backup process in place and are familiar with how to use it? See Backups for more details on backing up within Genie
- Is the internet connected and working consistently. An unstable network/internet could lead to issues with using the Genie program so you will need to ensure you have a stable environment (preferably running over an ethernet connection).
- Do you or someone at your practice have administrator access to all computers. If only your IT provider has administrator access and they are not on site at the time of installation we may not be able to complete the installation process.
- Do you plan to remotely access Genie? If so, please see Using Genie Remotely for the different options available.
- Will you be importing lab results? If so, have you organised pathology and radiology companies to load their software? See Pathology & Radiology
- Have you confirmed your printers and scanners are all accessible and any necessary drivers are installed/configured?
If your network is not fully operational before we arrive this will affect the quality of the training and may reduce training hours if we are delayed trying to troubleshoot network/hardware issues.